Looking forward to winter – new protocols in place for a safe stay in Val d’Isere
What: New health and safety protocols in relation to Covid-19
Why: To keep staff and clients safe throughout the resort
Where: Val d’Isere
When: From November 2020
Val d’Isere is looking forward to safely opening again for the winter season 2020-21 and have released a run-down of many of the safety protocols that will be in place to ensure that your winter skiing holiday is safe and secure.
The whole village of Val d’Isère is now geared towards providing the most secure health and safety conditions for holidaymakers.
Since August 2020 Val d’Isère Tourisme and its offshoots, the Tourist Office, the Centre Aquasportif swimming pool complex and the Congress Centre have been awarded an AFNOR certificate for its defensive health measures against Covid-19. Val d’Isère Tourisme can attest with confidence that the health of both its clients and staff is a priority. Additional facilities (the children’s village and the skating rink) will be checked out and included by December 2020.
For the ski area, the summer provided the opportunity for lift company staff to try out safety measures in real time, notably on the lifts themselves. Val d’Isère can now state that, thanks to trials during the summer ski season on the Pisaillas glacier, the whole ski area this winter will remain fully operational, with no decrease in traffic flow around the slopes. At the same time, all the necessary safety measures and social distancing linked to Covid-19, such as mandatory masks in lift queues and on lifts, and anti-bacterial hand gel will be applied.
On the slopes
- – Social distancing instructions and dedicated signage will be in place
- – All employees have been trained in health risks and preventive behaviour
- – Plexiglass windows will be installed to guarantee the safety of employees and customers.
- – POS, tablets and other means of payment will be cleaned daily.
- – Staff will all be wearing a facemask
- – It will be mandatory to wear a facemask in queues and on all closed ski lifts (over the age of 11 years) – The panoramic views are all mask-free!
- – Online purchasing in advance is encouraged
- – There will be numerous hand sanitizer gel distribution points
- – Ski lift gondolas will be cleaned regularly
- – Everyone has to carry a bag for storing their used mask(s)
- – Bins are available for use to dispose of masks near the ski lifts.
- – For the moment lift capacity will not be reduced
In the resort
- – Wearing a mask is compulsory
- – There will be displays of protective measures and social distancing
- – Direction signs for customers within the Tourist Office
- – One metre safety distances marked out on the ground
- – Hydroalcoholic gel dispenser at the entrance
- – Plexiglas protection between customers and the reception team
- – Disinfectant spray and towels available for cleaning equipment used in the children’s corner
Restaurants & bars
- – Seated table service only
- – Tables to be at least one metre apart or separated by fixed barrier that ensures no physical contact
- – Wearing a mask is mandatory when moving around inside the venue
- – Anti-bacterial gel dispenser on hand
- – Disinfection of all surface areas and increased level of cleaning
Everyone in Val d’Isere is looking forward to welcoming guests for another great winter season in the beautiful mountains!