Christmas is always magical in Val d’Isere!
- Christmas is a magical time of year, even more so when you’re in the mountains ! Val d’Isere always puts on a great show for the festive season, celebrating the colours of Christmas and the magic of the end of the year.
Between 23rd and 29th December there are a variety of activities and entertainments in the village so you can make the most of this festive period. From Christmas photocalls to a wishing tree and Santa’s mailbox on the Tourist Office square, as well as the Christmas scene on the Marghério square (Olympic Avenue).
Programme for the week:
– Saturday December 23 – The Elf Hut, a workshop to create Christmas decorations before the arrival of Santa Claus takes place on Place Marghério from 3pm to 7pm.
– Sunday December 24 – The arrival of Santa Claus – from 10am on the slopes and 5pm in the village centre.
– Sunday, December 24 – a make-up workshop in the afternoon at 3pm, before the festivities with Santa Claus accompanied by his acolytes will parade down Avenue Olympique and on the Christmas scene from 5pm.
– Monday, December 25 – Santa’s hidden sons will be there to liven up the station with the sound of drums.
– Tuesday, December 26 – the goose fanfare comes to the snowy streets of Val d’Isère for their musical winter parade.
– Wednesday December 27 – the Christmas elves with a fanfare are coming to make you dance and sing to the sounds of Christmas music in the village.
– Thursday, December 28 – a concert by the band Monokini on the Christmas stage (Avenue Olympique) at 4:30pm
– To end the week in style the elves of Batucadance will make you dance under the snow to the rhythm of the drums.